How to make your own Almond Milk – a few simple steps to a creamy, delicious tasting, no dairy alternative
600-750ml filtered water (and more for soaking)
100g raw organic almonds, soaked overnight in water
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Optional: 1-2 pitted medjool dates
Equipment: blender, nut milk bag/tea towel
1. Drain the almonds from their soaking water, rinse and add to your blender along with the remainder of the ingredients.
2. Add the dates – these are optional depending on whether you prefer sweeter tasting milk.
3. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
4. Pour into the nut milk bag or a clean tea towel draped over a large bowl and gently squeeze the bag. I find a twisting action alternating with a squeeze works best.
5. Pour into a glass bottle and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Give it a good shake before using as it will separate. The left over almond meal can be dried out in a low temperature oven and used for baking.