Just as delicious and satisfying as regular French fries, these polenta chips are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside and they are much lower in fat as they are oven baked. Serve with a Veggie burger such as my Kale and Sweet Potato Quinoa Cakes and a homemade ketchup or cashew cream.
1 litre boiling water
3 tsp vegan vegetable bouillon
2 tbsp olive oil
5 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp paprika
175g dried polenta
sea salt and pepper to taste
- Line a 9 x 7 cm inch (or similar size) with baking parchment.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil along with the vegetable stock, olive oil, nutritional yeast, onion powder, dried oregano and paprika.
- Once boiling, pour in the polenta slowly whilst whisking continuously. Continue to whisk until the polenta has thickened. Cook through for 30 minutes.
- Season with sea salt and pepper as necessary.
- Pour the cooked polenta into the lined dish and smooth the surface with a spatula. Transfer to the fridge and leave to set for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Once set, turn the polenta out onto a chopping board. Slice into desired shapes.
- Spread out over the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn them over and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Notes: Change the flavor by adding different herbs and spices or chopped up sun dried tomatoes.