Spring is just around the corner and so I have been experimenting with a few lighter dishes for the brighter days and evenings that are soon to be here. This fresh and herby crust is a versatile topping and can be used with cod, haddock, salmon or even atop a chicken breast. Lovely served with a green salad or a vegetable mash such as celeriac or cauliflower and some green beans. A basil infused oil makes the perfect accompaniment to finish off the dish.
6 cod fillets, approx. 130g each
200g macadamia nuts
10g flat leaf parsley
zest of 2 lemons, grated
2 tsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic
sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pulse the macadamia nuts in a food processor until broken up well but not too fine and pour into a bowl.
- Hand chop all the herbs finely and add to the bowl.
- Grate the lemon zest and add to the bowl.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and add to the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and season well with salt and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Place the fish on a piece of baking parchment on a flat baking tray.
- Add a handful of topping to each piece of fish and press into place covering the entire top.
- Bake for approx. 12 minutes until the top is golden and serve immediately.
Notes: Best prepared and eaten fresh as basil does not wait well.
Allergies: Nuts (macadamia)