Spiced Cauliflower Rice
For those looking for a low carb meal and a way to increase their vegetable intake, cauliflower rice is the perfect option. It is quick and easy to prepare and can be paired with a variety of herbs and seasonings for a lovely fresh base for various salads. It makes a fantastic packed lunch.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place the pine nuts on a baking tray and bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Trim away the leaves and most of the stalk from the cauliflowers and cut the florets into small pieces.
- Place the cauliflower pieces (in batches) in a food processor and process until they are very finely chopped and look a little like fluffy white grains. Transfer to a bowl.
- To make the dressing, crush the garlic with the salt and combine with the grated ginger, vinegar, sesame oil, tamari and pomegranate molasses.
- Add the nuts, herbs, chilli flakes, pomegranate seeds and black onion seeds and mix thoroughly.
- Pour over the cauliflower rice and stir through until evenly combined.
- Add the lime juice and seasoning to taste.
- Spoon into a moulded ring in the centre of the serving plate or bowl.
- Source: Original recipe by Kelly Little
Equipment: food processor, large bowl, spatula, serving mould/ring Source: Original Allergy Advice: Contains nuts